William Marr 
Superintendent Of Public Works

(585) 381-1565


Park Maps/Information

Hot Links

The Parks of East Rochester

The Town/Village is blessed with four distinct parks for residents to enjoy: All Playgrounds and Restrooms are closed.

Concrest Park

Features a basketball court, new pavilion and playground equipment for smaller children.

Edmund Lyon Park

Situated in the center of town, Edmund Lyon features the Station of Heroes, Gazebo, Rotary Fountain, ball field, basketball court, playground equipment and lots of open green space to use and enjoy.

Legion Eyer Park

Features the Neil Marvel Pavilion, Quinzi Lodge, playground equipment, basketball courts, and the baseball fields are home to East Rochester Youth Baseball.

Northside Park

Features playground equipment, pavilion, basketball court and open space for the kids living in our northside neighborhood to use and enjoy.

Parks Committee

Preserving, enhancing and growing our community parks.

The four areas that compose our East Rochester parks are, like many other small communities, one of the most valuable resources we have. It is their preservation, enhancement, and growth that is the goal of our committee. Started, or as some may say, resurrected in 2006, we are a volunteer citizens' group working hand-in-hand with our local government and Department of Public Works to keep our parks at their best.

As stated earlier, our group is made up of community members wishing to help in some form or another. Anyone can join and we encourage all input from our village residents. Whether it is a suggestion, a donation of some kind, or even volunteering to help on a project, our group is eager for all input.

We currently have a number of projects available to our residents, businesses and even outside interests who wish to add to our parks' beauty.

Department of Public Works

The Depatment of Public Works is responsible for maintaining Town/Village parks and recreation areas including lodges and pavilions, mowing, clean-up, maintenance of park equipment, spray park facilities, playground equipment and ball fields. For more information on parks or reserving facilities please call the Town/Village Clerk's Office at (585) 586-3553.

East Rochester Sidewalk Construction & Replacement Program

East Rochester Sidewalk Construction & Replacement Program Read more

On Tuesday February 27th, 2024 the Town/Village of East Rochester and MRB Group will 
be hosting an informal Public Information Meeting. The meeting is open to residents to stop 
in at any time between 5:30pm to 8:00pm to ask questions with regards to the scope of the 

The meeting will be held in the Jean Daniel Community Center located on the 1st floor 
of the Eyer Building (317 Main Street, East Rochester, NY 14445). 

Documents to download

2024 Town/Village of East Rochester Board Meeting Schedule

2024 Town/Village of East Rochester Board Meeting Schedule Read more

The Town/Village Boad will hold regular monthly meetings in 2024. Each meeting will begin at 7pm. For the complete schedule, please select READ MORE or download the attached document.

Documents to download

2024 Town/Village of East Rochester - Holiday Schedule

2024 Town/Village of East Rochester - Holiday Schedule Read more

After approval of the Town/Village Board, the Town/Village of East Rochester will observe the following list (for the full list, please select READ MORE) of Holidays for 2024. Please note the Town/Village offices will be closed on these days.

The Department of Public Works may work on these days to maintain continuity of operations.

Garfield Street Replacement Project

Garfield Street Replacement Project Read more

On Tuesday July 25th, 2023 the Town/Village of East Rochester held a Public Informational meeting in the Jean Daniel Community Center. The purpose of the meeting was to present the draft reconstruction plan for Garfield Street. This meeting was open to the public and all comments and feedback were welcome. There will no formal presentation, all information has been posted here on the web site.  

Documents to download



On May 23, 1898, a group of businessmen from Despatch (as East Rochester was known until 1906) met at Branshaud’s Hall on East Commercial Street to set up the first fire department.  On May 29th, the first official meeting was held, and the Despatch Fire District was formed.  During subsequent meetings committees were formed to find estimates for needed equipment, as well as for property and a fire hall.  It was determined that $1800.00 was the amount needed to outfit this first department.  Equipment included:  one dozen rubber coats, boots, and helmets, a hose cart, an alarm bell, a ladder truck, and three chemical carts.  Needless to say, the first fire trucks were either pulled by horses or pulled by hand.

Select READ MORE for the full article on the East Rochester Volunteer Fire Department!