2017 Annual Events
Throughout the year, East Rochester comes together as a community in a variety of ways. Here is a list of annual events in our community.
- Fire Department Easter Egg Hunt
- April 15th, 8:30 am. This annual event is for all East Rochester residents ages 10 and under. Rain or shine at Edmund Lyon Park. Come get pictures with the Easter Bunny.
- May 20th, 9:00 - noon. 10th Annual event to spruce up the Town/Village and prepare for the Annual Memorial Day parade. Volunteers meet at Municipal Offices, 317 Main St. where work areas will be assigned to pick up litter in the Town/Village. Proper safety gear and brightly colored tee shirts will be provided to all that participate. Lunch is provided at the conclusion of the event.
- Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony
- May 27th, 10:30 am. A day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Beginning at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial St., many Veterans, marching bands and youth sports teams participate. At the conclusion of the parade, a memorial ceremony is held at the Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main St.
- Summer Concert Series
- This is a free concert series featuring local talent held during the early evening hours. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
June 14 — Back in Town — Rock Favorites @ Eyer Building Lot
June 28 — Ruby Shooz — 50's and 60's Party Band @ Building Lot
July 12 — TBA — @ Eyer Building Lot
July 26 — Red Eye Jack — Rocking Country @ Eyer Building Lot
Aug 9 — Mr. Mustard — Beatles ~ Beatles ~ Beatles & New @ Eyer Building Lot
Aug 23 — Home Grown Special @ Building Parking Lot
- Fireman's Field Days Carnival — Coordinator Joe Scumaci
- July 27th - July 29th. Held at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Avenue Open to the public. This traveling carnival has rides, games and food for all ages. Chicken Bar-B- Que July 26 th at 5:00 pm. Awesome fireworks displays adorns the sky on Saturday evening.
- Karknocker 5K Race
- July 28th, 7:00 pm. 20th Annual event Co-Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce & Finger Lakes Regional Burn Association is open to the public. The 5K Race and Walk will travel through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded.
- Rotary Kiddie Parade
- July 29th, 10:30 am Participants meet at Eyer Building Parking Lot, 317 Main Street and walk the parade route to the School Campus where goodie bags, refreshments, and entertainment (TBA) will be provided. Prizes will be awarded in various costume categories.
- Fireman's Field Days Parade
- July 29th, 6:30 pm Begins at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial Street. Fire and rescue agencies from the surrounding counties come to celebrate East Rochester’s Field Days. Honored guests, marching bands & fire and rescue crews bring their apparatus to be viewed by all on a parade route through the Town/Village and ending at the Field Days Carnival, 200 Woodbine Avenue.
- Sam Urzetta Alumni Classic Golf Tournament — Carl Tobin ER Alumni Foundation
- August 4th Registration begins at 7:30 am at the Lima Country Club. Flyers and additional information available in early April. Go to www.erschools.org/alumni.cfm. The 10th Annual event is sponsored by the East Rochester Alumni Foundation proudly supporting students and families in the East Rochester School District.
- Scare Away Brain Cancer 5K — Paul Richards/BSA Troop 136
- October 21st, 9:00 am 9th Annual event sponsored by Boy Scout Troop 136 and open to the public. 5K race through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded. For registration forms visit http://www.pcr-timing.com. Packet pickup is at Medved Running & Walking 3400 Monroe Avenue from10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Youth Center Halloween Party — Barbara Maine
- October 26th Held in the Quinzi Lodge at Eyer Park, 200 Wilson Ave. Fun activities include crafts, games, donuts and cider for East Rochester residents pre-school- 5th grade. Costumes are encouraged.
- Veteran's Day Ceremony — Commander Joe Ross
- Nov. 11th, 11:00 am American Legion Post #1917, local, county and state officials along with the public honor local, armed service veterans. Ceremony held at the Gazebo at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street in view of "The Station of Hero's".
- Advent Tree Lighting Ceremony — Teresa Quinzi-Willett
- December 3rd, 5:00 pm. Held at Verzella Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street (location may change due to inclement weather) Open to the public. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village of East Rochester to kick off the Advent Season.
- Advent Craft Show — Mary Therese Biltucci
- December 9th, Beginning at 9:00 am Held annually at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Avenue. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village and the East Rochester. Crafts made by vendors from all over the county. Proceeds benefit the East Rochester Community Resource Center.
- East Rochester Christmas Festival — Mary Cilento
- December 9th, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, the East Rochester School District and the Town/Village. This event celebrates the season of Joy and Happiness & Family. Providing horse drawn carriage rides, caroling and a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus and much, much more.