2016 Annual Events
Throughout the year, East Rochester comes together as a community in a variety of ways. Here is a list of annual events in our community.
- Fire Department Easter Egg Hunt
- March 26th, 8:30 am. This annual event is for all East Rochester residents ages 10 and under. Rain or shine. Come get pictures with the Easter Bunny.
- May 21st, 9:00 - noon. 8th Annual event to spruce up the Town/Village and prepare for the Annual Memorial Day parade. Volunteers meet at Municipal Offices, 120 W. Commercial Street where work areas will be assigned to pick up litter in the Town/Village. Proper safety gear and brightly colored tee shirts will be provided to all that participate. Lunch is provided at the conclusion of the event. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information and to register.
- Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony
- May 28th, 10:30 am. A day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Beginning at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial St., many Veterans, marching bands and youth sports teams participate. At the conclusion of the parade, a memorial ceremony is held at the Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main St.
- Summer Concert Series
- This is a free concert series featuring local talent held during the early evening hours. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
June 8 — ERHS Music Dept. Presents "Jazz in the Lot" @ Eyer Building Lot
June 29 — Mr. Mustard — Beatles ~ Beatles ~ Beatles @ Eyer Building Lot
July 6 — Back in Town — Rock Favorites @ Eyer Building Lot
July 27 — Ruby Shooz — 50's and 60's Party Band @ Eyer Building Lot
Aug 10 — That Party Band — Rock, Oldies & New @ Eyer Building Lot
Aug 24 — Red Eyed Jack — Rocking Country @ Eyer Building Lot
- Brenton Bomber Classic
- July 23rd The Brenton Jacob Memorial Fund presents the 4th Annual BRENTON BOMBER CLASSIC Softball Game & Home Run Derby Fundraiser at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main St. Registration begins at 10am for both children and adult home run derbies with prizes for the winners, followed by a lively softball game open to all skill levels. There is also an awesome raffle with grand prizes, kids entertainment, and local food vendors. Please join us for this fun family event. Proceeds support children and local youth sports programs. More information is available at www.bjmemorialfund.org
- Fireman's Field Days Carnival
- July 28th - July 30th. Held at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Ave. Open to the public. This traveling carnival has rides, games and food for all ages. Awesome fireworks displays adorn n the sky on Sat. at dark.
- Karknocker 5K Race
- July 29th, 7:00 pm. 19th Annual event sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and open to the public. 5K race through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded. For registration forms visit www.eastrochester.org or www.erchamber.org.
- Kiddie Parade
- July 30th, 10:30 am Participants meet at Municipal Offices, 317 Main Street and walk the parade route to the School Campus where goodie bags, refreshments, and entertainment (TBA) will be provided. Prizes will be awarded in various costume categories.
- Fireman's Field Days Parade
- July 30th, 6:30 pm Begins at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial Street. Fire and rescue agencies from the surrounding counties come to celebrate East Rochester's Field Days. Honored guests, marching bands & fire and rescue crews bring their apparatus to be viewed by all on a parade route through the Town/Village and ending at the Field Days Carnival, 200 Woodbine Avenue.
- Sam Urzetta Alumni Classic Golf Tournament
- August 5th Registration begins at 7:30 am at LLima Country Club. Flyers and additional information available in early April. Go to www.erschools.org/alumni.cfm. The 9th Annual event is sponsored by the East Rochester Alumni Foundation proudly supporting students and families in the East Rochester School District.
- Scare Brain Cancer 5K
- October 22nd, 9:00 am 8th Annual event sponsored by Boy Scout Troop 136 and open to the public. 5K race through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded. For registration forms visit http://www.pcr-timing.com.
- Youth Center Halloween Party
- Date/Time TBA. Held in the Quinzi Lodge at Eyer Park, 200 Wilson Ave. Fun activities include crafts, games, donuts and cider for East Rochester residents pre-school- 5th grade. Costumes are encouraged.
- Veteran's Day Ceremony
- Nov. 11th, 11:00 am American Legion Post #1917, local, county and state officials along with the public honor local, armed service veterans. Ceremony held at the Gazebo at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street in view of "The Station of Hero's".
- Advent Tree Lighting Ceremony
- November 27th, 5:00 pm. Held at Verzella Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street (location may change due to inclement weather) Open to the public. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village of East Rochester to kick off the Advent Season.
- Advent Craft Show
- December 10th, 9:00 am Held annually at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Avenue. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village and the East Rochester. Crafts made by vendors from all over the county. Proceeds to benefit the East Rochester Community Resource Center.
- East Rochester Christmas Festival
- December 10th, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, the East Rochester School District and the Town/Village. This event celebrates the season of Joy and Happiness & Family. Providing horse drawn carriage rides, carolling and a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus, STEAM activities for kids and teens, a holiday film for the whole family and much, much more.