East Rochester Community Television ~ ERCN TV12
158 West Commercial Street ~ East Rochester, New York 14445 ~ (585)
Email at: ERCN@eastrochester.org
John Schroth, Station Director
Click Here To Watch ERCN TV-12
Important news for TV-12 viewers
On July 23, 2013, Time Warner is discontinuing analog cable service for Channel 12. To insure continued viewing of ERCN TV-12, please read the following:
1) If you already use a Time Warner supplied digital cable box or digital adapter/tuner with your TV, there are no changes to TV-12.
2) If you run your cable connection DIRECTLY to a newer "digital ready" TV, you will have to reprogram the tuner in the TV after July 23 to get ERCN. Once your tuner rescans all the available stations, YOU WILL FIND ERCN ON CHANNEL 98, NOT CHANNEL 12.
3) With older analog TV's, you will need a Time Warner digital adapter after July 23 to get ERCN on cable channel 12. Digital adapters are provided by Time Warner Cable free of charge (through September 26). Pick one up in person at the Time Warner Customer Care Center in the Piano Works Mall, or call Time Warner at 1-855-286-1736, or go online at: twc.com/digitaladapter. Starting January, 2015 there will be a rental fee of .98/adapter/month.
If you have any questions or issues, call the Time Warner customer care number at 756-5000. Don't hesitate - if you need a digital adapter, please get one before July 23 so that you don't miss any great programming from ERCN!!!
The Cable TV Commission operates ERCN Channel 12, a community access television station, which is on the air seven days a week. ERCN TV12 broadcasts programs of interest to the community in order to provide relevant local information as well as an historic record of the people and events in the Village. This service is funded through the franchise fees, collected from Time Warner which is used to operate the station as well as bring in money for the village general funds. This station costs the village of East Rochester zero tax dollars to operate.
Since 1993 ERCN has produced on average of over 200 unique shows each year. As of December 2012, over 1,200 of our best programs, 900 hours of content time, has been archived and is re-played on a regular basis. Original programming produced by ERCN TV 12 includes:
- "All About Town" Mary Cilento hosts a program highlighting individuals, business and events of special interest to East Rochester. The on-location tapings provide a different point of view allowing viewers to see the inside workings of local businesses or events.
- "What's Cooking" Miele Battaglini, hosts a cooking program highlighting local cooks and village personalities cooking their own specialties and favorite recipes.
- "One on One"is an interview style program hosted by Ralph Morabito and profiles individuals in the East Rochester area. Ralph talks about the history of East Rochester with his guests and relives many great stories about our proud community.
- "Short and To The Point" with Teresa Quinzi-Willette - a program bringing a short topic of general interest to the general public.
- "God With Us"A faith-based program sponsored by the East Rochester Association of Churches providing a weekly message to those who are shut-in or cannot attend church services on a regular basis. Produced by Teresa Quinzi-Willette
- "The Village Garner" Host Ralph Moribito, takes you on a wonderful tour of some of the best vegetable and flower gardens in East Rochester.
- "Talking Golf" Host Ralph Moribito and his guests talk golf, both indoors and out on the course. Shows include interviews and lessons from famous ER golf pros such as Sam Urzetta, Joe Redanty, Armond Lanutti as well as tournaments and reviews of local golf courses.
Other original ERCN programming feature: East Rochester High School youth sporting events, concerts, village informational meetings, award ceremonies, school graduations, Village Board and School Board meetings, the monthly Chamber of Commerce meeting, and annual events important to the village such as Memorial Day, Veterans Day, the East Rochester county-wide Firemanís Parade and Advent/Christmas events. There are also historical programs produced on the history of East Rochester and its unique businesses of the past. Tune to Channel 12 for this week's schedule of programs.
Services also provided by ERCN TV 12 include a community bulletin board covering information on local events, messages from Village Government, TV scheduling and weather updates.
New to our stations televised content is web streaming and video-on-demand. Now you donít have to live in the Village of East Rochester and pay for Time Warner Cable to get our programming. ERCN now provides web streaming of its live broadcast content to anyone who has access to a computer with high speed cable or phone line internet connection, anywhere in the world. We mirror the same broadcast you see on Time Warner channel 12 as well as make available special programs to our Video-On-Demand section. For the Video-On-Demand section we post Village Board, School Board, Chamber of Commerce, all televised ERHS sporting events, significant village events, ERHS alumni content and historical programming to watch at any time you please. Just click on the button above to watch our web-based media player.
ERCN TV-12 proudly boasts 28 volunteers who all pitch in to run one of the best little cable access stations in all of Upstate New York but weíre always looking for more help. Please contact the station via phone or email if you'd like to get involved and serve our community!
Need to post a message on the Bulletin Board? Click here to download a form!
Cable Commission Members for 2013
John Schroth, Chairman