Residents Open Forum is not a part of the legal proceedings of a monthly business meeting. Minutes of what is said by forum participants are not required to be recorded as public record. The East Rochester Town/Village Board records and televises business meetings, but there is no requirement to include the Open Forum in that recording. Therefore, future Resident Open Forum sessions shall be held as a preliminary to the monthly business meeting and shall not be recorded or televised.
Rules of Procedure:
- Forum participants are allotted five minutes to address the entire board. The presiding official may allow more time at his/her discretion.
- The speaker must address the board as a body.
- The speaker may not single out board members or staff members with comments or questions
- The speaker may not address the audience.
- The speaker may not address personnel or other confidential topics