The East Rochester Youth Activity Center provides a venue at which the community’s teens, in grades 6-12, can gather to socialize with their peers while engaging in educational, recreational and community service activities.
The mission of the ERYAC is to:
- Educate Youth on Life Issues
- Our educational activities are intended to compliment and enhance ongoing school curriculum, and revolve around topics such as family life, drugs, alcohol, sex and peer pressure.
- Involve Youth in Community Service Projects
- By participating in community service and outreach programs, young adults can better understand their community and learn the benefits of responsibility and citizenship.
- Develop Youth Leadership
- The ERYAC Teen Leadership Committee meets to plan, schedule and advertise upcoming center events. These teen leaders learn responsible roles, cooperation and compromise.
- Provide Youth With a Supervised Social Gathering Facility
- While in the company of supervisors, young adults can enjoy games like pool, foosball, or ping pong; internet, computer privileges, tutoring and socializing with their peers.